Behavior after cataract surgery:
- Please use the prescribed eye drops on the operated eye 4 times a day.
- Please attend your regular follow-up appointments.
- In the first few days after the operation, it is possible that you may see double or blurred vision. It is also normal to experience redness, occasional itching, increased sensitivity to light, and a foreign body sensation. All these changes usually resolve quickly. Please avoid pressing or rubbing the operated eye for about four weeks.
- If there is increasing redness, persistent pain or a decrease in vision in your operated eye, an immediate eye examination is necessary. Please do not delay this!
- Within the first week after the operation, you should try to read as little as possible. Watching television is allowed. After three days, you can shower, bathe and wash your hair without any problems. But please do not get soap or shampoo in the freshly operated eye.
- Within the first two weeks after the operation, you should avoid heavy physical exertion (sports, gardening), swimming in public pools, and going to saunas.
- After the operation, your old glasses may no longer be suitable. The new glasses strength should only be prescribed by your eye doctor after about 6-8 weeks. In the meantime, you can wear your old glasses, use a simple temporary reading glasses, or even go without glasses, whichever is more comfortable for you.